For more information and to apply visit: http://www.stwerburghs.org.uk/index_582_627636150.pdf
Funded by Funding the Future Grant Programme via Quartet Community Foundation from the National Lottery Community Fund.
Term: 12th July 2021 to 11th July 2022
Accountable to: Centre Director Pay: £17.04 per hour (£33,228 pro rata)
Hours: 25 hours per week
Based at: St Werburghs Community Centre, Horley Road, Bristol, BS2 9TJ (some home working may be allowed by agreement).
Job Description and Person Spec Main Purpose of Job
Following series of strategic and organisational development meetings, St Werburghs Community Association is entering into a new exciting Business Plan period for 2021 - 2025*. With 2020 challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic, such as loss of trading income and increased demands on services, SWCA are looking for an experienced Development Manager to work with the Centre Director, the Team and Board of Trustees to increase increasing the organisation’s capacity, setting up collaborations & partnerships and establishing a new membership model.
Summary of the role, responsibilities and personal duties
The Development Manager will support SWCA in implementing our strategy by building sustainable business-minded collaborations and partnerships with other stakeholders, organisations and groups, developing the Centre’s service provision in the following areas of benefit:
Mental Health & Wellbeing
Experience in enterprise, business set ups, and fundraising are key to this role. Plus excellent written and verbal communication skills; good knowledge of the community business and voluntary sectors and a sound understanding of the different protected groups, of social and community inclusion.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Identify potential partners and delivery contracts for establishing new, or expanding existing, services in line with the above identified priorities as set in our 4-year Business Plan. (by June 2022)
2. Fundraising in liaison with the Centre Director and Finance & HR Manager to include writing and submitting bids, working to deadlines and in line with our fundraising strategy, in order to expand the services and following the agreed priorities. (ongoing)
3. Complete a feasibility study for a new Individual Membership Scheme, maximising community engagement and generating additional donations income. (by December 2021).
4. Conduct a Fundraising Audit of SWCA, across all channels (earned income, grants, donations, memberships, services, corporate) and develop a sustainable income generation strategy to support the agreed priorities and contracts over the following three years. (by March 2022)
5. Identify and scope opportunities for Social Prescribing in Ashley ward, in conjunction with the new Dove Street Health Centre development and potential of forming an Ashley Alliance with other local organisations to meet the health and wellbeing needs of local residents. (by June 2022)
6. Work with the Team on designing and launch of the new Individual Membership System linked directly to both donors, and service users, utilising digital tools and marketing strategies. (by June 2022).
7. To work closely with the Finance & HR Manager on analysis of income streams and scenarios