For more info and to apply visit www.stwerburghs.org.uk
Purpose of job: To ensure the smooth day-to-day running of events, activities, reception and administration of the Community Centre.
Salary: between £27,280 (SCP 23) and £29,094 (SCP 25) per annum (FTE), depending on experience.
Hours: 30 to 37.5 hours per week between 8 am and 5.30 pm Monday to Friday, 7.5 hour working days with an hour for lunch – unpaid. Some evening work is essential due to servicing SWCA Board Meetings.
Start Day: As soon as possible – ideally 18th October
Probationary Period: 3 months
Accountable to: Centre Director
Accountable for: Duty Managers & Centre Assistant
Based at: St Werburghs Community Centre, Horley Road, Bristol, BS2 9TJ
Benefits: in house training, health & safety training, Employee Assistance Programme
1. To manage office administration, equipment, supplies e.g. maintenance of office records, filing, postage, income records and meetings support as required.
2. To deal with all Centre users in welcoming and friendly manner, treat everyone with respect and follow SWCA policies and procedures.
3. To ensure the efficient, timely and smooth running of the centre’s bookings and invoicing system and work with Finance & HR Manager on maintaining payments’ procedures including debtors control.
4. To line manage Duty Managers and Centre Assistant according to SWCA HR Policies & Procedures; be responsible for their rota and cover for sick leave.
5. To maximise income from bookings by increasing the number of external events and classes hosted at the Centre, working with the Comms and Digital Marketing Officer on advertising spaces and slots available.
6. To ensure smooth running of meetings, projects and events as required, to include setting up and clearing refreshments, connecting audio visual equipment, moving tables and chairs.
7. When undertaking telephone and reception duties, to provide information and
assistance to people making general enquiries, or using the centre and its facilities.
8. To assist the Centre Director and other members of the team with any other relevant activities: including setting up, monitoring and evaluation of projects, organising annual events, fundraising, business development activities, marketing and sales.
9. To ensure excellent daily communication within the Centre team, volunteers, members and clients; and that relevant information is passed on.
10. To service SWCA annual events and Board Meetings eight times a year in the evenings/weekends, this includes timely distribution of papers & professional minute taking.
1. To liaise with the Centre Director and HR & Finance Manager to ensure that:
· there is staff cover for all bookings
· the Centre is well maintained and welcoming
· services and facilities are of high quality
2. To observe and be aware of Health & Safety Policies and Fire regulations.
3. To work within St Werburghs Community Association’s Health & Safety, GDPR, Safeguarding, Sustainability and Equal Opportunities Policies.
4. To understand and contribute to the effective financial management of the Centre.
5. To undertake any other appropriate duties.
1. People person who enjoys working in busy environment, can organise and prioritise their own workload, is able to multitask and is proactive.
2. Can demonstrate considerable experience of running a busy office and managing and motivating a team.
3. Office skills - the proven ability to be able to provide high quality documents
in the appropriate format accurately and efficiently. You must be proficient in Outlook, Teams, Excel, and Word.
4. Proven skills in attention to detail and accurate data entry and record keeping.
5. The person appointed will need to have excellent customer service and communication skills, be energetic and willing, have “hands on/get stuck in” approach.
6. You will need to be able to work independently, and as part of a team but also have the confidence to work without supervision and alone in the building.
7. Flexibility is essential - we are a small team and need people willing to undertake a range of duties outside the key tasks when required.
8. Willingness and aptitude to undergo training in our in house systems.
Experience of ladder safety, customer service, dealing with challenging behaviour, first aid and fire marshall training. This training will be provided if you do not already have it.