St Pauls Learning Centre
Booking Terms and Conditions
St Paul’s Learning Centre is managed by the Ethical Property Company. If you have any queries, or would like to book a room please contact us on 0117 9145470 or email@example.com
Please see the rates sheet for available rooms, their capacity and rates. This information is also available on www.stpaulslc.co.uk.
There is little parking at the centre, please discuss with Ethical Property if you need disabled spaces.
Acceptance of bookings is at the absolute discretion of Centre Management.
When you plan your booking, please allow enough time within your session for setting up and clearing up Time will not be available before or afterwards.
There is a reduced rate for some regular or block bookings. Please ask for details.
You can pay by cheque, bank transfer or by debit / credit card at reception. Please provide invoicing details on the booking form or come to reception with your card details.
If you have to cancel your booking for any reason, please give as much notice as possible. The following charges apply on cancellation:
More than 4 weeks’ notice
£15 administration fee
2-4 weeks’ notice
£15 administration fee and half the hire charge
Less than 2 weeks’ notice
Full hire charge
We reserve the right to cancel your booking if necessary for operational reasons (e.g. building works). In the very unlikely event that this happens, we will give you as much notice as possible and try to offer you a suitable alternative booking. If you choose not to make an alternative booking, we will refund your hire charge and booking fee in full but will not be liable to make any other compensation.
Any special equipment needs to be arranged in advance.
You may use your own laptop if you wish. There is public WiFi provided by library services available in some parts of the building. IMPORTANT: for health and safety reasons, if you intend to bring your own electrical devices you must provide a Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) certificate to the centre before use. This particularly applies to kettles or laptops.
Refreshments & Catering can be booked at £1/head.
Other conditions of use
These conditions apply to the Hirer named on the booking form and any persons given access to the Hall by the Hirer or the Hirer’s organisation during the booked session (‘Hall users’). The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that these conditions are complied with.
1. The Hirer (or the person who is named on the booking form as being responsible for the session) must remain on the premises throughout the session.
2. The rooms may be used only for the purpose stated on the booking form. No illegal activities may be conducted on the premises.
3. The room capacities for people must not be exceeded at any time.
4. The Hirer is responsible for obtaining Public Liability Insurance and any other relevant insurance.
5. The Hirer is responsible for obtaining any licences which may be needed from the Performing Rights Society, the local authority or any other such body, and for compliance with the terms of those licences.
6. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
7. Meeting room users must comply with all the conditions made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Local Magistrates' Court or any other such body.
8. If room users are preparing, serving or selling food during the session, they must comply with all the relevant health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
9. The Hirer must ensure that any electrical appliances brought onto the premises and used there are safe and in good working order and used in a safe manner.
10. Any personal injury or loss or damage to property must be reported to centre Management at the end of the session.
11. Smoking is not permitted on the premises.
12. Blue Tack and chewing gum are not permitted in any of the rooms.
13. Any booking for use with children and young people under the age of 18 must ensure that attendees are accompanied and supervised by adults at all times.
14. Individuals and groups hiring rooms must carry out risk assessment for the activities undertaken. Centre staff are able to give advice.
EPC or its insurers are not liable for loss of, or damage to, any property or equipment that does not belong to the centre, but has been brought onto the premises by the hirer or any persons using the room(s) on the dates agreed. The hirer shall be responsible for making arrangements to insure against third party claims, which may lie against the hirer/hirer’s organisation while using the Centre (Ethical Property Company is insured against claims arising out of its own negligence).
15. The booking times must be strictly adhered to, and the premises must be cleared and vacated promptly at the end of the session. Furniture must be replaced in the exact positions shown on the plans provided in each meeting room.
16. Any rubbish produced during the session must either be removed from the rooms at the end of the session, or put in the appropriate rubbish bin or recycling containers in the kitchen.
17. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all attendees have vacated the building at the end of the booking.
18. Noise levels must be contained to a reasonable level at all times so as not to be audible in any neighbouring premises.
Updated July 2016