St Pauls Learning Centre
Booking Terms and Conditions
St Paul’s Learning Centre is managed by the Ethical Property Company. If you have any queries, or would like to book a room please contact us on 0117 9145470 or email@example.com
Please see the rates sheet for available rooms, their capacity and rates. This information is also available on www.stpaulslc.co.uk.
There is little parking at the centre. It is available on a first come, first served basis and cannot be booked. Disabled parking is available in a layby in front of the building.
Acceptance of bookings is at the absolute discretion of Centre Management.
When you plan your booking, please allow enough time within your session for setting up and clearing up Time will not be available before or afterwards.
There is a reduced rate for some regular or block bookings. Please ask the Centre Manager for details.
We DO NOT accept provisional bookings. You can phone to see if a room is available but it will not be booked until a completed form is received via our website.
We often only have one member of staff on duty and, therefore, are not able to set up rooms and move furniture. You are responsible for setting up the room to meet your needs and for replacing the furniture in its original place at the end of your booking. This is how we maintain our sessional hire prices at 2012 levels!
You can pay by cash, credit card or by bank transfer. Please provide invoicing details on the booking form.
If you have to cancel your booking for any reason, please give as much notice as possible. Please cancel in writing via email. The following charges apply on cancellation:
More than 4 weeks’ notice
2-4 weeks’ notice
£5 administration fee and half the hire charge
Less than 2 weeks’ notice
Full hire charge
We reserve the right to cancel your booking if necessary for operational reasons (e.g. building works). In the very unlikely event that this happens, we will give you as much notice as possible and try to offer you a suitable alternative booking. If you choose not to make an alternative booking, we will refund your hire charge and booking fee in full but will not be liable to make any other compensation.
Any special equipment needs to be arranged in advance. A projector and screen can be hired for £10 a session. Flipchart stand and paper is available at £5 a session. Please add to your booking form.
You may use your own laptop if you wish. There is public Wi-Fi provided by library services available in some parts of the building. Our classrooms and the Hall are now covered by company Wi-Fi. For the log-in details, please ask at Reception.
Refreshments & Catering are provided by Glen Crooks who runs the café. Please call Glen on 07772177509 for details
Other conditions of use
These conditions apply to the Hirer named on the booking form and any persons given access to the Hall by the Hirer or the Hirer’s organisation during the booked session (‘Hall users’). The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that these conditions are complied with.
1. The Hirer (or the person who is named on the booking form as being responsible for the session) must remain on the premises throughout the session.
2. The rooms may be used only for the purpose stated on the booking form. No illegal activities may be conducted on the premises.
3. The room capacities for people must not be exceeded at any time.
4. The Hirer is responsible for obtaining Public Liability Insurance and any other relevant insurance.
5. The Hirer is responsible for obtaining any licences which may be needed from the Performing Rights Society, the local authority or any other such body, and for compliance with the terms of those licences.
6. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
7. Meeting room users must comply with all the conditions made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Local Magistrates' Court or any other such body.
8. If room users are preparing, serving or selling food during the session, they must comply with all the relevant health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
9. The Hirer must ensure that any electrical appliances brought onto the premises and used there are safe and in good working order and used in a safe manner.
10. Any personal injury or loss or damage to property must be reported to Centre Management at the end of the session.
11. Smoking is not permitted on the premises, inside or out.
12. Blue Tack and chewing gum are not permitted in any of the rooms.
13. Any booking for use with children and young people under the age of 18 must ensure that attendees are accompanied and supervised by adults at all times.
14. Individuals and groups hiring rooms must carry out risk assessment for the activities undertaken.
EPC or its insurers are not liable for loss of, or damage to, any property or equipment that does not belong to the centre, but has been brought onto the premises by the hirer or any persons using the room(s) on the dates agreed. The hirer shall be responsible for making arrangements to insure against third party claims, which may lie against the hirer/hirer’s organisation while using the Centre (Ethical Property Company is insured against claims arising out of its own negligence).
15. The booking times must be strictly adhered to, and the premises must be cleared and vacated promptly at the end of the session. Furniture must be replaced in the exact positions shown on the plans provided in each meeting room.
16. Any rubbish produced during the session must either be removed from the rooms at the end of the session, or put in the appropriate rubbish bin or recycling containers in the kitchen.
17. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all attendees have vacated the building at the end of the booking.
18. Noise levels must be contained to a reasonable level at all times so as not to be audible in any neighbouring premises.
Document updated August 2018